Modification of Prior Child Support or Child Custody Orders
The family law attorneys at Mokolo Law Firm have substantial experience assisting clients in the modification of child custody, support, and spousal maintenance orders, as well as the enforcement of court orders when a parent or former spouse is not meeting his or her custody or support obligations. Based in Houston, we serve clients throughout the Harris county area, in addition to Fortbend, Brazoria, Montgomery and Galveston counties.
A party to a custody, child support, or spousal maintenance order may file a petition to request a modification to an existing order if either party has experienced a material change in circumstances. When the proposed modification involves child custody or visitation, it must also be in the best interest of the child. Examples of materially changed circumstances include:
- A former partner or spouse’s remarriage or cohabitation with another person
- A former partner or spouse change in income
- One parent decides to move out of state or far from the other parent
- A child’s changing needs, including cases in which a child develops special needs
- A party’s deteriorating physical or mental condition, such as by drug or alcohol abuse
- One parent’s interference with a child’s relationship with the other parent
- A party’s conviction of a crime
At Mokolo Law Firm, we are committed to achieving our clients’ goals, and have helped many clients successfully modify custody, visitation, support, and spousal maintenance arrangements.
Contact Mokolo Law Firm at 713-784-2906 to schedule a consultation with one of our family law attorneys.