Waivers of Inadmissibility
Immigration waivers are available for various grounds of inadmissibility and ineligibility for nonimmigrant and immigrant visas. Most common waivers include:
- Fraud or misrepresentation of a material fact to obtain immigration benefits
- inadmissibility for criminal and related grounds
- health-related grounds
- accrual of unlawful presence
- provisional unlawful presence waiver
- special immigration waiver provisions for asylees and refugees
Immigration waivers allow an alien to seek to have a ground of inadmissibility waived in order to be admitted to the United States or seeking adjustment of status. Additionally, an alien placed in removal proceedings may apply for an immigration waiver in the context of seeking cancellation of removal and adjustment of status.
If an alien is charged with inadmissibility, or believes that he or she may be inadmissible, he or she should consult with an experienced immigration attorney regarding potential eligibility for relief and guidance through the immigration waiver application process. At Mokolo Law Firm, we are experienced and skilled in handling all types of immigration waiver applications, contact Mokolo Law Firm today at 713-784-2906.